Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lydia is Here

Praise the LORD!! We have a beautiful, healthy little girl. Lydia Anne Holden, arrived this morning at 6:13 am.
Around 2:50 am I received a call at UPS over the walkie talkie to "call home your wife needs you". Wow, talk about adrenaline, I called and Gina said she had been having contractions since a little after 12:oo, and that I needed to come on home. She told me not to drive fast, so after running out of UPS and 1/4 mile to the parking lot, and driving (not fast, I didn't go over 95) home I saw Gina was in great pain. We were having a baby. The problem was that the hospital was 25 miles away. We threw everything in the car and called our neighbors, the Pittmans, to come sit with the kids. Off to the hospital with flashers going, we probably did get over 95 in the straightaways, Gina having contractions one minute apart. We made it and everything was a success. Lydia weighs 8 lbs 7 ozs and is 21 inches long and very healthy. Her epgar was 8 at 1 minute and 9 at 5 minutes. The doctor said of Gina that everything looked very good. He said there was very little scar tissue and that he would see us back for number 6. WOW. Gina is very tired and resting well. Thank you for your prayers. That's all for now. Sorry no pics yet, I ran out of the house and forgot my USB cable for my camera. They are coming though, so check back soon.
Praise the LORD, Acts 16:14.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pictures! We miss you!

Kim Willard

Anonymous said...

Am SO proud of you both!!! Who wooda thunk it??? Even tho' you were both brought up as Christians ,I never dreamed that my 'little' nephew and his little wife would be called by God to work for Him!!!!! WOW!!! Look what He has intrusted you with!!!I think Greyson,Gini Grace,Graham,Ellie and Lydia Anne are so blessed to be born to you and Gina!! In Acts 16: it's interesting to read that Paul met Timothy & he went with Paul on his travels just before meeting Lydia. Love to ALL of you-----