Thursday, April 02, 2009

2 Corinthians 4:17

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and
eternal weight of glory. 2 Cor. 4:17

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19

God has kept me in these verses today. I need God's peace and He has given it to me. It is in me. His life is in me. God has placed peace in us but the weeds of life's circumstances are choking out God's peace. These verses tell us that our afflictions are light compared to the eternal weight of His glory even though we are devastated. Also we find great comfort in knowing God will meet all our needs, even the deepest needs we have through tragedy which is His everlasting peace. God is our gardener and will prune and remove all the weeds that are choking out His peace. We don't understand why God chooses to prune the way He does but we must trust Him, for He is God and we are not. I pray I get to the point that I can thank God for my afflictions and troubles knowing they will produce far more peace and outweigh the trials I endure. Please pray for "Just Speak Life," that God would use this ministry to challenge and show others how to experience and express Jesus in the now as we speak life into others; the Life of Christ.

We did get this testimony today and praise God for it. "i was just told by one of my buddy's that he had the opportunity to use Brandon's journal to lead his small group last night! he said that they've never been challenged as much as they were last night and that the fact that Brandon was around their age had a huge impact on them. He said it 'put us all in our places.'"

God is doing far more than we could have ever imagined through this tragedy. We will have JustSpeakLife t-shirts soon and bracelets. Our mission journal is at the printers and we will be looking to speak everywhere we can to spread the message of Just Speak Life.

1 comment:

erin said...

tim, i saw your blog through brandon's. i grew up at southside and your sweet mom helped with a bridal shower for me in november. actually i got married at central united methodist and your mom brought me pictures of your wedding to show me. i went to spartanburg this weekend got brandon's journal. i am currently reading through it. there are no words that make such a loss any better. i know when i lost my father and struggled with questions of why God revealed to me that death was not in His plan and that was why it hurt so much. God intended us to live forever and not be separted..but luckily we do get that privilege again one day...please give your mom a hug from me and i am sure my mom joy would want you to give her one from her. praying .