Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Faith of a Child










We are so excited that Graham came to us a few days ago and said "I want to become a Christian." "I want to ask Jesus into my heart." We were blown away. We had not ever specifically talked to Graham about becoming a Christian. But God 
was working in his heart. It seems we just get in the way alot of times when God is at work. Sure we talk about Jesus and Graham knows we have Jesus in our hearts,knewBrandon he Jesus in his heart but we have never addressed becoming a Christian. This was a God thing. Graham is very expressive, and after he told us that we talked about the importance of what he wanted to do and he left the room. Gina and I looked at each other and thought oh well maybe he's just too young or does he really understand what he is doing. A few minutes later he returned to tell us that he had gone to his room and prayed and asked Jesus to come into his heart. We prayed with him and explained the importance of what he had done. Unbelievable! God is so good. . It's not what we do its what God does. Thank you God for calling our/your precious son to yourself!! 
Mark 10:15 "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all." Matthew 18:3 "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Luke18:17 "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."
Today Gina and I were in our room discussing things like "why" and "if only" and questions that really do us no good. While we were talking Graham was jumping on our bed. All of the sudden he asked me how I knew Brandon died when I came out of the store? The store where we stopped to get gas on the way to Spartanburg. That was where Mimi called me and confirmed my nightmare after her and momma found out. Immediately after I answered Graham he asked me if I would buy him some batting gloves for baseball. Gina and I looked at each other and smiled. Graham in all his innocence wasn't worried or upset. Gina said if we only had the faith and innocence of a child. Right when Gina finished saying that Graham said, "I'm gonna see Brandon again." I said where are you gonna see him and Graham answered, "in Heaven." Then he went on about his busy playing. WOW. I was focused on the "why's" and the questions that I will not get answers to this side of Heaven, focused on myself and my pain and there Graham is being an example by just knowing he will see Brandon again, trusting God, and resting in Christ. Become like a child. Knowledge comes from the Lord, not from man. Wisdom comes from the Lord, not from man. All we usually do is get in the way being worried about ourselves, instead of letting God work in us, and through us. This is not to say that we will not experience pain and heartache, which we are, but that if we set our minds on things above and not on things below our pain will not seem quite as bad. If you have ever seen a needlepoint when you look at the bottom of it all you see is a mess; thread everywhere going all different directions, knots, just a mess. That is the part of God's plan we see and understand. When you see the top of the needlepoint it is amazing, a beautiful masterpiece. That is the side God's sees and orchestrates. He knows what is best even when we don't understand, and its not till we get to Heaven and see the top of the needlepoint that we will see and come to a better understanding. Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails

No comments: